BATHURST – The draw for the GIANT CHRISTMAS STOCKING was made by Mylène Haché St-Pierre from EPR Bathurst/Péninsule today at Place Bathurst Mall. The Hospital Foundation in the Chaleur region and in the Acadian Peninsula wish to congratulate Mrs. Denise Robichaud, and to thank everyone who participated in this year’s draw! With the participation of businesses in the Chaleur region and the Acadian Peninsula, Mrs. Robichaud will receive approximately $7,000 in prizes.
This important activity involving the Chaleur region and Acadian Peninsula took place as part of the Roses Radiothon. Thanks to the people of the Acadian Peninsula and Chaleur region who participated by purchasing $2 tickets, over $17,500 was raised to improve the health care delivered by the regions’ four hospitals.
“I wish to thank everyone who participated in the Giant Christmas Stocking draw and who made this activity a success. I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage people to participate in the various activities taking place in your region as part of the Roses Radiothon 2017 between now and April 28. The Roses Radiothon is ‘In Our Region, for Our Region!’” declared Joseph Lanteigne, Chair of the Roses Radiothon, Caraquet region.
The Roses Radiothon 2017 will continue until April 28 with a number of fundraising activities planned in coming months.
The Roses Radiothon has a $100,000 objective earmarked to acquire equipment used in the fight against cancer. It should also be noted that 80% of the funds raised on the Acadian Peninsula will help support the facilities in Caraquet, Tracadie-Sheila, and Lamèque. The remaining 20% will go to the regional hospital.
For more information, please contact:
Special Events Officer